The City of Folsom implemented a new inspection scheduling system March 14. Inspections can now be scheduled by an automated phone system or online via eTRAKiT and can be scheduled up to four days in advance.
To schedule an inspection, call 916-573-6734 or use eTRAKiT.
Next day inspections can be requested until 3pm. Any inspections requested after 3pm will be scheduled a minimum two business days out.
Your permit will have a preloaded list of inspections to choose from that are required prior to the final inspection or you can select an inspection online by clicking on "schedule" under inspections.
NOTE: If your permit was submitted prior to March 14, 2022, a preloaded list of inspections will not be provided. Please call 916-573-6734 to schedule your inspections with the desired IVR Code.
Call 916-573-6734 to schedule an inspection by phone. You’ll need:
- 11-digit permit number (example: NRES22-03945).
- 3-digit inspection IVR Code.
How to Locate Your Permit Number in eTRAKiT
- Log in to eTRAKiT (new users will need to create a login).
- Under Permits on the left, click on “Search for a Permit.”
- Search by address and type in the address (do not include Ct., St., Rd., Way, etc.).
- Locate the permit number for the Inspection you are requesting.
- Log in to eTRAKiT.
- On the left blue bar, click on "scheduled” under Inspections.
- Log in to eTRAKiT and cancel the scheduled inspection online.
- Call or e-mail one of the following inspectors directly:
- Contact the Building Counter at email@example.com.
Inspections must be canceled prior to arrival of the inspector, or a re-inspection fee may be assessed.
All job sites shall be ready and accessible for inspection by 8 a.m. on the day of the inspection. This includes ladders in place for roofing, HVAC, or similar inspections.
Inspection time preferences may be requested; however, it is not a guarantee.
Depending on the inspection workload for the day, some inspections may be rolled. If your inspection is rolled, the inspector will contact you and it will need to be rescheduled for the following day.
Next day inspections can be requested until 3pm. Any inspections requested after 3pm will be scheduled a minimum two days out.