Get to know the Folsom Fire Department! We love to interact with our community and educate residents about the services and programs we provide to the city.
Our station tours and ride-alongs offer exciting opportunities for you to go behind the scenes and experience a day in the life of the Folsom Fire Department team!
Have you ever wondered what life is like inside a Folsom fire station? If so, the Folsom Fire Department invites your group to tour one of our stations. Tours are scheduled between 10:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Wednesdays. Group size is limited to no more than 30 people with a minimum age of four. Due to scheduled training and other events, we recommend that you make a tour request 30 days in advance of the tour date.
Please note that our team may need to respond to an incident or emergency at any time, which means that tours may be canceled with little to no notice.
Request a Tour
Call 916-461-6300 to request a fire station tour. Requests for station tours or public education presentations should be made 30 days in advance of the desired date. We will respond to your request within five working days.
You can participate in the Fire Department’s Ride-Along program to observe first-hand how firefighters respond to calls for help. As our guest, you will see and hear exactly how firefighters handle the wide variety of incidents that we encounter every day.
The main goal for the Ride-Along program is to educate and provide insight into the fire service.
- Ride-Along participants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Residents may only participate in the Ride-Along program one time between the hours of 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- All participants must fill out and submit the Fire Department’s Ride-Along form.
- Participants must follow the dress code outlined in the ride-along form. T-shirts, shorts, open-toed shoes, and sandals are not permitted.
- During a Ride-Along, participants must not interfere with any employee handling an emergency incident.
- Failure to obey any direction by an officer shall terminate the Ride-Along immediately.
- We do not allow guests to bring cameras or tape recorders to protect the privacy of those involved in emergency incidents.
- Participants may not accompany Fire Department personnel inside a residence without consent.
- All information regarding cases or calls is confidential and shall not be disclosed to others.
Request a Ride-Along
For more information about the Folsom Fire Department’s Ride-Along program, call 916-461-6325.