Utility Maintenance – Water & Sewer
The Utility Maintenance Division repairs water and wastewater infrastructure owned and operated by the City of Folsom. We manage water leak and loss detection, underground service alert markings, customer service calls for broken or leaking infrastructure, and the installation of new water or wastewater connections.
- Always call U.S.A. (dial 811) before digging on property.
- Contact the city at 916-461-6177 if you see or believe you have a problem relating to water or sewer.
- Contact the city at 916-461-6177 if you are suspicious of what a plumber or contractor may be telling you.
- Don't dig on property until you have called U.S.A. (dial 811).
- Don't remove flags in lawn marking utilities.
- Don't hesitate to contact the City at 916-461-6177 with any questions or concerns regarding construction.
Always call 811 before you start any digging project! Property owners are required to have underground utilities located before doing any digging. The service is free and simple.
You should call 811 before beginning any project, from small projects like planting trees and shrubs to large projects, including swimming pool installation or sidewalk or driveway installation or repairs.
Call 811 a few days prior to digging, tell the operator where you're planning to dig, what type of work you will be doing, and your affected local utilities. The City of Folsom and other utility companies will be notified about your intent to dig. Within a few days, a locator will mark the approximate location of your underground lines, pipes, and cables. This will ensure that you will know what's below, and you can dig safely.
Visit the 811 website to learn more.