The Citizens Assisting Public Safety (CAPS) volunteers are an elite team of volunteers who work hand-in-hand with public safety departments to improve the city while giving back to the community.
The CAPS volunteer program was developed to support the Folsom Police and Fire Departments in their activities of protection and service to the community. The role of volunteers is to supplement professional staff, freeing them to provide the best service possible to City of Folsom residents and visitors.
CAPS volunteers help the Police and Fire Departments by completing a variety of work in the office and in the field. Duties may include:
- Vacation Checks
- Front Desk Reception
- Records Assistance
- Backboard Collection
- Leading Department Tours
- Providing Neighborhood Watch or Business Watch Presentations
- Leading Dog Walker Watch Trainings
- Safety Fairs and Community Events
- CAPS volunteers are required to provide a minimum of 100 hours of service per year.
- All CAPS volunteers must complete the Citizen’s Academy.
- Interested potential volunteers must then pass a screening interview and background check after completion of the Citizen’s Academy.
To inquire about becoming a CAPS volunteer, please email us or call 916-461-6516.