California Government Code provides that any person may receive a copy of an identifiable public record (with some exceptions).
How to Request Copies of Public Records
- To request inspection and/or copies of public records, please complete the top portion of the form below and present it to the City Clerk’s Department. If you are unable to download this PDF form, you may request a form be mailed or faxed to you by calling the City Clerk’s Department at 916-461-6035. For additional information about public records requests, email CityClerkDept@folsom.ca.us.
Public Records Request Fillable Form
- Please be specific in your request so that records can be more easily identified. If you need assistance in clarifying the scope of your request, please contact the City Clerk’s Department at 916-461-6035. We will be happy to assist you in refining your request.
- There is no fee for examining records.
- Document copies are $0.10 per page for letter or legal pages and $5 for oversize pages.
- Copies of City Council meetings on DVD are $5 each.
- Audio/Video/DVD copies are $5 each.
- Checks should be made payable to "The City of Folsom."