Solid Waste Division Customer Service
50 Natoma Street
Folsom, CA 95630
Billing Questions and Start or Stop Service
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Residential food waste recycling begins in Folsom in July 2022. More details to come.
- SB 1383 requires a 75% reduction of organic waste disposed in landfills by 2025, which is approximately 20 million tons of waste annually.
- Organic waste required to go in the green bin beginning in 2022 includes all food waste, green/yard waste, clean wood, and food-soiled paper products.
- Residents will be required to begin separating organic materials (food scraps and yard waste, and food-soiled paper) to be put into compostable bags and added to the green bins, which are currently used for yard waste. The city’s new Green Bin Approved program, including all food scraps and yard waste, begins in July 2022.
- Green bins will be picked up weekly on the same schedule as the grey garbage/landfill containers beginning in July 2022 when the new organics program launches.
- SB 1383 is an unfunded mandate, making a rate increase unavoidable.
- To participate in the rate increase process:
- The pollution saved by every 2.5 tons of food rescued is equivalent to taking one car off the road for an entire year. Sacramento Valley has some of the worst air quality in the country and reducing these harmful pollutants at local landfills will improve air and environmental quality.
- Compost (made from our recycled food scraps) spread in parks and fields accounts for a half ton of CO2 sequestered per acre. Compost also improves soil quality, water retention, and agricultural output.
- The compost helps our community and school gardens, local farms, and our own backyards thrive.
- Local food and farm entrepreneurship and job opportunities expand.
- One in five children currently go hungry every night in California. SB 1383 and Folsom’s forthcoming Food Rescue Program will redirect edible food that is currently discarded to feed those in need.
Get your collection schedule, look up the best disposal options for an item, or schedule a household hazardous or bulky waste pickup on our Web Services page or using our Folsom Waste Collection app on your mobile device.
The City of Folsom replaces cans damaged due to normal wear and tear at no charge. If damage is not caused by normal wear and tear or if requesting an undamaged be replaced, a fee will apply. To request a replacement can, please contact us and provide the following information:
- Phone Number
- Reason for Replacement
- Can(s) to be Replaced
*Please note: We do not guarantee brand-new cans, or a particular style when requesting a replacement can.
Here’s how to view your waste collection schedule:
- Waste Collection Web Services and Calendar.
- Folsom Waste Collection App, available from Google Play and the App Store.
Residents using the app or web services calendar can set up collection reminders and link their collection schedule to other electronic calendars. A printable format is also available. Contact us if you’d like one mailed to you.
Bulky Waste Pickup
We can help you dispose of bulky items that do not fit in your curbside cans! Single-family households may schedule up to three Bulky Waste Pickup appointments each year for no additional charge.
Many residents use this program to get rid of old appliances, furniture, or other large items. Please note that this program is popular, and there may be a wait before your pickup date.
The city’s SmartCart Recycling Program provides color-coded containers for separating household waste. Trash is placed in grey cans and picked up weekly. Recyclables are placed in blue cans and yard waste in green cans. Recycling and green waste are picked up every other week.
Learn more about residential recycling services.
Extra Pickups and Service Options
Extra pickups for any of the curbside cans are available Monday-Friday for an additional charge. If you routinely have more waste than your cans will accommodate, larger or additional trash cans are available for an extra charge.
Residents may also request a second green waste can and a second recycle can for no additional charge. There is a fee for additional green waste and recycle cans after the first two.
If any of your cans are damaged due to normal wear and tear, they will be replaced free of charge.
Household Hazardous Waste
Door-to-door household hazardous and electronic waste collection is available at no additional charge. We collect batteries, oil, paint, antifreeze, TVs, computer monitors, fluorescent bulbs, and other household hazardous materials.
We also offer sharps (hypodermic needles) recycling in partnership with local pharmacies and battery and fluorescent lamp recycling at retail partners.
We offer educational composting and grasscycling classes through the M.O.W.E.R. Program (Minimizing Organic Waste with Education & Recycling). Participants can receive a discounted backyard compost bin or rebate for a mulching lawnmower.
Temporary Dumpster Rental
For large amounts of waste or materials that are not accommodated by other programs, you can rent dumpsters ranging from three to 40 cubic yards for a variety of materials.
The rates are dependent on the size of your garbage can. Residential rates include the garbage, recycling, and green waste cans; unlimited household hazardous waste collection and three Bulky Waste Pickups. The first and second green waste and recycling cans are included in your solid waste rates.
There is no change in service on holidays. Your containers will be emptied as usual.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions!