50 Natoma Street
Folsom, CA 95630
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
The City of Folsom values our beautiful natural resources and landscaping. Folsom employs a City Arborist to oversee the planning, care, and management of an attractive, environmentally appropriate, and sustainable urban forest within our city. The City Arborist is a member of the Community Development Department within the Engineering Services Division.
The City Arborist works to:
- Administer and enforce the City of Folsom Tree Preservation Ordinance.
- Review proposed private and public development projects regarding potential impact to existing trees on development sites.
- Review proposed private and public development projects regarding the creation of new urban forestry resources, such as commercial landscapes, streetscapes, and parks.
- Monitor and manage the care of Landmark Trees.
- Assist the Public Works Department, Landscaping and Lighting Districts, and the Parks & Recreation Department in planning and maintaining city landscapes.