We can help you dispose of bulky items that do not fit in your curbside cans! Single-family residential customers in the City of Folsom can schedule up to three free Bulky Waste Pickup appointments each year. Many residents use this program to get rid of old appliances, furniture, or other large items. Please note that this program is popular, and there may be a wait before your pickup date.
Up to five cubic yards of bulky waste items are allowed per appointment. Please read terms of service below.
If you live in an apartment or need a pickup at a business location, please contact our office for options.
Schedule an appointment online or by calling 916-461-6730.
- Yard waste
- Metals/appliances (including microwaves)
- Lawnmowers (remove gas and oil)
- BBQs (no propane tanks)
- Tires up to 40 inches in diameter (up to 5)
- Glass windows/doors (Please make sure it is visible as we approach the pile so it can be handled carefully.)
- New this year: Cardboard is no longer accepted. Please take clean flattened cardboard to one of our Recycling Drop Off Locations.
- Auto parts or fluid
- Concrete, bricks, rocks, or tile
- Dirt, sand, or sod
- Tree stumps
- Cement-filled tires
- Commercial or household garbage
- Heavy metal items (e.g., engine block)
- Steel pipe
- Treated wood waste/railroad ties
- Items longer than 6' (e.g., lumber, PVC pipe, etc.)
- Household Hazardous Waste (oils, cleaners, fuels, pharmaceuticals, fertilizers, pesticides, batteries, chemicals, paint, etc.)
- Schedule a free household hazardous waste pickup online or call 916-461-6730.
- E-Waste (TV, computer, monitor, printer, solar panels, etc.)
The maximum amount allowed is five cubic yards (or about seven feet by six feet by three feet). The pile pictured is oversized and would not be picked up. If you have more than five cubic yards of material, you can rent a bin from the city. Call 916-461-6730.
- Your account must be current to receive Bulky Waste collection.
- Materials must be out by 6 a.m. on the day of your appointment.
- Piles placed out earlier than 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment are subject to code violation.
- Items must be placed at the curb, on the edge of the street for pickup. Items placed on your property will not be picked up.
- All items will be disposed of. Please do not place items in containers or cover with tarps that you would like to keep.
- Do not place material in one of your regular waste containers. Your weekly collection is provided using different equipment and we cannot dump your cans as part of the Bulky Waste Program.
- To minimize the chance of broken glass, please make sure glass is visible to our drivers as they approach.
- No alleyway pickups.
- Separate yard waste/wood and metals/appliances and miscellaneous materials from each other. Items are collected by separate vehicles and may not be picked up at the same time.
- If you no longer need your appointment, you must cancel to avoid it counting as one of your three annual pickups. Phone cancellations are accepted until one day prior to your scheduled service date.
- Cardboard is no longer acceptable in this program. If you have cardboard, please recycle it at one of the community recycling locations.