Seniors Helping Seniors Home Repair Program
50 Natoma Street
Folsom, CA 95630
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
The Seniors Helping Seniors Home Repair Program helps low-income senior citizens in Folsom with grants to pay for necessary health and safety repairs to their homes. The program assists homeowners who do not have the financial resources to complete repairs on their standard single-family or mobile home.
The program is not meant for cosmetic repairs or renovations. Most repairs are made using the same type and kind of materials as the existing construction. Upgraded replacement materials are typically not allowable unless the original materials are no longer available. Complete replacement of an item is only eligible when it is documented that repairs are not possible or cost prohibitive.
Applicants must be at least 65 years old (55 years old if the homeowner has a verifiable disability) and must earn less than 80% of the median income for Sacramento County to be eligible. Based on the availability of funds, the program provides up to $2,500 annually for eligible repairs to persons who meet the qualifications. In addition, qualifying seniors who earn less than 50% of the median income for Sacramento County may also qualify for a one-time major home repair grant of up to $7,500 for eligible repairs.
Typical allowable repairs through the Seniors Helping Seniors Home Repair Program:
- Roofing repair, deck repair, and dry rot repairs
- Electrical, plumbing, appliance, and heating/air conditioning repairs
- Installation of grab bars
- Window and door repairs
Repairs not allowable through the Seniors Helping Seniors Home Repair Program:
- Cosmetic repairs, including interior painting
- General or preventative maintenance
- Cleaning or work to address an accumulation of dirt or debris
- Elective home improvements, upgrades, or renovations
- Repairs to any detached garages, sheds, or outbuildings
- Landscaping, lawn sprinklers, walkways, or driveways