Project Lifesaver Requirements
To participate in the Folsom Police Department Project Lifesaver Program, the prospective client must:
- Live within the city limits of Folsom.
- Be diagnosed by a certified physician as having Alzheimer's disease, other dementia disorders, autism, Down syndrome, or similar disorders.
- Be known to wander away from caregivers.
How It Works
The administrator of the Folsom Police Department Project Lifesaver program will give qualified participants a plastic bracelet containing a water-resistant radio transmitter. Each participant's transmitter is assigned a radio frequency that is unique both to them and to their geographical area of Folsom. The bracelets may be worn on the client's wrist or ankle.
If a Project Lifesaver client goes missing, the caregiver should contact the Folsom Police Department immediately by calling 911. Trained officers will respond to the location and begin searching for the missing person using Project Lifesaver radio-frequency tracking equipment.
Project Lifesaver is a free, voluntary program. However, the bracelets will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis to residents who meet the eligibility requirements.
In order to participate, caretakers must agree to assume the following responsibilities:
- Test the client's radio transmitter battery daily.
- Check the condition of the bracelet daily.
- Maintain a monthly log sheet provided by the Project Lifesaver Team.
- Notify the Folsom Police Department Project Lifesaver Team promptly if there are any problems with the equipment.
- Most important, immediately call 911 if a Project Lifesaver client goes missing.
Application To-Do List
Think Project Lifesaver might be the right program for your family member? Please complete the following steps:
- Complete the appropriate Project Lifesaver Client Profile-Personal Data Questionnaire. Select the correct questionnaire for the client's age.
- Read through and sign the Project Lifesaver Program Contract.
- Obtain a doctor's note which includes the diagnosis and doctor's signature.
- Return all items in a single envelope to Folsom Police Department, Attn: Project Lifesaver, 46 Natoma St, Folsom, CA 95630.
- Please make and keep copies of all records for your files.
Project Lifesaver Informational Brochure