Law Enforcement Exploring is a special interest program chartered by the Boy Scouts of America. The program gives students a working knowledge of how law enforcement functions within the community.
Apply for the Program
The Folsom Police Department Explorer Program is now accepting applications. Please complete the application and email the application and three letters of reference to School Resource Officer Wesley Davis at email@example.com.
Applications are due by 5 p.m. on August 18, 2021.
- Must be at least 14 years of age (graduated from middle school or junior high) and under the age of 21.
- Must be in good overall health and able to perform duties as required.
- Must live within the city limits of Folsom or be a child/dependent of a City of Folsom Police Department employee.
- Must maintain a “C” average in all schoolwork and 2.5 GPA (no “Ds” or “Fs”)
- Must pass an oral interview, reference check, be free from drug/alcohol use, and no criminal arrests.
- Minimum of 16 volunteer hours per month.
- Must conform with Folsom Police Department and Police Explorer rules and regulations.
- Attend two meetings per month and participate in special events as needed.
- Work in specialized areas such as communications, detectives, and crime scene investigation upon completion of training.
- Ride along with patrol officers (also upon completion of training).
- Participate in skills competitions with other Folsom Police Explorers.
- Traffic control at city events such as parades, DUI checkpoints, and other city events.
For more information, contact program advisor School Resource Officer Wesley Davis.