Folsom, CAHome Menu
The ePermit Center provides information about the city’s online permitting and plan review process. Our new online application portal, eTRAKiT, allows applicants to apply for plans, pay fees, check on status of permits or projects, view and print building permits or planning approval letters, and schedule inspections.
eTRAKiT can be used for most minor building permits:
- Water heater changeouts
- HVAC replacements
- Minor remodeling projects
- Tree permits
- Grading permits
- Encroachment permits
- Transportation permits
For projects that require plan review, the city uses eTRAKiT along with an updated version of ProjectDox to handle building, engineering, and some planning submittals, including tentative maps. ProjectDox enables applicants to submit PDFs as an alternative to submitting traditional paper forms for required construction drawings and supporting documents (i.e., structural calculations, soils reports, water supply tests, etc.).
In addition to permits, applications for Planning entitlements and Engineering projects can also be submitted electronically through eTRAKiT in the Projects section.
For active permit or project applications submitted prior to March 14th, follow the instruction below to find and link to your existing application.
- Create eTRAKiT account
- Under Permits on the left, click “Search for a Permit”
- Search by address (without suffix; e.g., St. Dr, Ct)
- Locate permit number (11 digits; i.e., NRES22-12345 or NEWR22-12345)
- Click on Dashboard on upper left
- At the top, click on Link Permits and Projects
- Enter the full permit or project number
- Click Link
- The permit or project will now show up on My Dashboard