Folsom, CAHome Menu
Rainfall and Stream Levels
The City of Folsom owns and maintains multiple rain and stream gauges within the city that are part of a region-wide ALERT system of automated rain gauges, stream gauges, and weather stations. The current regional system is designed to share data between agencies, including local municipalities such as Sacramento County, Placer County, and the City of Roseville.
The data is also shared with the National Weather Service and the California Department of Water Resources to support weather and flood forecasts and warnings in the region. The regional ALERT system is a critical element in weather and flood related emergency response activities for communities throughout the area.
The current gauges in the City of Folsom consist of the following:
- An ALERT2 rain gage located at the Folsom Water Treatment Plant.
- An ALERT2 rain gage located in Livermore Community Park.
- An ALERT2 rain gage located near the Zone 5 Water Tank in Folsom Plan Area.
- An ALERT2 rain and stream gauge on Hinkle Creek near Oak Avenue.
- An ALERT2 rain and stream gauge on Willow Creek downstream of the Humbug Creek confluence.
- An ALERT2 rain and stream gauge on Humbug Creek near Silberhorn Drive.
- An ALERT2 rain and stream gauge on Alder Creek near Prairie City Road.
To view current rain and stream data in Folsom, please visit https://folsom.onerain.com/