The Folsom Police Department allows residents and business owners to register their surveillance camera systems with the department. This program will help deter criminal activity and assist officers with their investigations.
Use the form below to register your surveillance camera system with Folsom Police Department.
For additional information about the Camera Registration Program, please contact Gabriella Viramontes, Crime Analyst at email@example.com.
Surveillance cameras may capture evidence that is vital to investigating a crime in your neighborhood. Registering you surveillance camera gives officers and detectives a way to quickly identify where there may be cameras that could help with their investigations.
- If a crime is committed in your neighborhood and your system is registered with the Folsom Police Department, you may be contacted by an officer or detective to review your surveillance footage and collect video or photographic evidence from your surveillance system.
- Information regarding your surveillance system will be for Folsom Police Department use only. Your personal information will remain confidential and will not be shared.
- Registration of surveillance systems will not permit the Folsom Police Department to remotely access or directly access your surveillance system.
- There is no fee to participate in the Surveillance System Registry Program.
- Participation in the Surveillance System Registry does not alter your rights to privacy in any way.
When purchasing a new surveillance system, please keep the following in mind:
- The higher the resolution of the cameras, the more helpful the footage will be.
- A minimum of 20-day information storage is recommended.
- Cameras should face the entrance and exit points.
- Cameras should be placed on private property only.